Our personal information handling policy and procedures have been developed in line with the requirements of the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC) and the General Data Protection Regulation and applicable UK law.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and when you purchase services from us. The personal data we process includes:
- your name;
- your work address, email address and phone number;
- your job title;
- your address
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website;
- internet browser and operating system;
- and any other information you provide.
How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process the personal data listed above for the following purposes:
- to fulfil a contract with you – if you enter into an agreement to provide or receive services. This may include verifying your identity, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of services. We require this information to enter a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
- to comply with applicable law and regulation;
- to protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- to monitor use of our websites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our services and website, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints about our website or services received from you or from others;
- to personalise our website, our communications to you and products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to prevent, investigate or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law and our legitimate interests;
- to invite you to take part in market research or surveys;
- with your consent or (where this is allowed) you have been given an opportunity to opt-out, to send you direct marketing in relation to relevant products and services.
You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication.
With whom and where will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with any of the following third parties:
- our professional advisors such as our auditors and external legal and financial advisors;
- market research companies;
- our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors;
- search engine and web analytics.
- We may also share your personal data with government authorities or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
We may also share your personal data with third party service providers who will process it on our behalf for the purposes above. Such third parties include, but are not limited to, providers of website hosting, maintenance, call centre operation and identity checking.
If our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, we will disclose your details to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser. Your details will be passed to the new owners of the business.
How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
Where you are a client, we will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us and after that for a period of 24 months.
Where you are a prospective client and you have expressly consented to us contacting you, we will only retain your data (a) until you unsubscribe from our communications; or, if you have not unsubscribed, (b) while you interact with us and our content; or (c) for 24 months from when you last interacted with us or our content.
We will retain your data for a short time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place. In some instances, laws may require us to hold certain information for specific periods other than those listed above.
Where are my data stored?
Your data will be stored within the UK on secure servers.
What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, or by informing us that you’d like to unsubscribe on any communication we have sent to you or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data (a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it; (b) if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data; (c) if you object to the use of your personal data and we don’t have a good reason to continue to use it; or (d) if we haven’t handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
Where can I find more information about your handling of my data?