Aluclad windows are a type of window that combines the benefits of both aluminum and wood. The exterior of the window is made of aluminum, which is a strong and durable material that is resistant to the elements. The interior of the window is made of wood, which is a natural insulator that provides thermal efficiency.
Aluclad windows offer a number of advantages over traditional timber windows. First, they are more durable and require less maintenance. The aluminum exterior protects the wood from the elements, so there is no need to paint or stain the window as often. This can save homeowners time and money in the long run.
Second, aluclad windows are more energy-efficient than traditional timber windows. The wood interior provides natural insulation, while the aluminum exterior helps to keep heat in during the winter and cool air in during the summer. This can save homeowners money on their energy bills.
Third, aluclad windows are available in a variety of styles and finishes. This allows homeowners to choose a window that complements the architecture of their home.
Overall, aluclad windows offer a superior combination of durability, energy efficiency, and style. They are a great option for homeowners who want a window that will last for many years to come.
Core Timber offers aluclad windows for the following reasons:
- A more contemporary look. Aluclad windows have a sleek, modern appearance that is well-suited to contemporary homes.
- No priming, sanding, or subsequent painting. The aluminum exterior of aluclad windows is pre-finished, so there is no need to prime, sand, or paint the window. This saves homeowners time and money.
- If cared for properly, aluminum can last just as long as timber but without the maintenance. Aluminum is a very durable material that can last for many years with proper care. Unlike timber, aluminum does not need to be painted or stained, which saves homeowners time and money.
- No warping, rotting, or movement issues. Aluminum is a non-porous material that is resistant to moisture. This means that aluclad windows are less likely to warp, rot, or move over time.
When compared to timber windows, aluclad windows offer the best of both worlds:
- Strong aluminum exterior to protect against the elements. The aluminum exterior of aluclad windows is strong and durable, and it can withstand the elements. This makes aluclad windows a good choice for homes in areas with harsh weather conditions.
- Naturally insulating wooden frames for thermal efficiency on the inside. The wooden frames of aluclad windows provide natural insulation, which helps to keep heat in during the winter and cool air in during the summer. This makes aluclad windows a good choice for homes that are looking to save money on their energy bills.
Surpassed in longevity only by wooden windows, aluclad windows provide superior durability of both wood and aluminum. Aluclad windows are a great choice for homeowners who want a window that is both durable and energy-efficient. They offer the best of both worlds, and they are a good option for homes in a variety of styles.
Core Timber offer a bespoke design service. We can also assist with supply and install too. You can find out more about our range of sash windows here. If you would like to speak to a member of our team about your requirements, please get in touch.