If you are looking for a window that combines the beauty of wood with the durability of aluminium, you might want to consider AluClad windows. AluClad windows are a type of window that features a wooden interior frame and an aluminium exterior cladding. They offer several advantages over traditional timber or aluminium windows, such as:
- Aesthetic appeal: AluClad windows allow you to enjoy the natural warmth and elegance of wood inside your home, while having a sleek and modern aluminium finish on the outside. You can choose from a variety of colours and styles for both the wood and the aluminium, to suit your personal preference and match your home’s design.
- Durability and low maintenance: AluClad windows are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions, such as rain, wind, and UV rays. The aluminium cladding protects the wood from rotting, warping, or fading, and requires very little maintenance. Unlike timber windows, AluClad windows do not need to be painted or varnished every few years, saving you time and money in the long run.
- Thermal efficiency: AluClad windows have a high level of insulation, thanks to the combination of wood and aluminium. Wood is a natural insulator that reduces heat loss and keeps your home warm and cosy. Aluminium is a good conductor that reflects heat and prevents overheating in the summer. Together, they create a window that is energy-efficient and comfortable all year round.
How do AluClad windows work?
AluClad windows are made of two main components: a wooden frame and an aluminium cladding. The wooden frame is usually made of high-quality timber, such as pine, oak, or mahogany, that is treated to resist moisture and insects. The wooden frame provides the structural support and the aesthetic appeal of the window.
The aluminium cladding is attached to the outside of the wooden frame, covering it completely. The aluminium cladding is usually made of powder-coated or anodised aluminium, that is resistant to corrosion and scratches. The aluminium cladding provides the protection and the durability of the window.
The two components are separated by a thermal break, which is a layer of material that prevents heat transfer between them. The thermal break ensures that the window has a high thermal performance and reduces condensation.
What are the benefits of AluClad windows?
AluClad windows have many benefits over other types of windows, such as:
- Longevity: AluClad windows can last for decades without losing their functionality or appearance. They are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and environmental factors, such as salt spray, pollution, or humidity. They are also resistant to pests, moulds, and fungi, that can damage timber windows.
- Versatility: AluClad windows can be customised to fit any size, shape, or style of window opening. They can be used for new builds or renovations, and for residential or commercial properties. They can also be combined with different types of glazing, such as double or triple glazing, to enhance their performance and security.
- Sustainability: AluClad windows are environmentally friendly and help reduce your carbon footprint. They are made of renewable materials, such as wood and aluminium, that can be recycled at the end of their lifespan. They also help you save energy and money on your heating and cooling bills, by keeping your home at a comfortable temperature.
AluClad windows are a great option for anyone who wants to enjoy the best of both worlds: the beauty of wood and the durability of aluminium. They offer many advantages over traditional timber or aluminium windows, such as aesthetic appeal, durability and low maintenance, thermal efficiency, versatility, longevity, and sustainability. They are also easy to find and buy from reputable suppliers online or in your local area.
If you are looking for a window that will enhance your home’s appearance, performance, and value, you should consider AluClad windows and browse our range here.